Both the Text Conference and “Chat Room” features allow several people to chat together at the same time. The difference is in the way they work.
- A temporary group chat.
- You leave the conference upon closing the chat window or signing out of Brosix. In order to reenter the conference a current member must add you again.
- Chat history is recorded but is not assigned to the conference. Instead, the messages you send are recorded under each participant’s history.
- A persistent group chat.
- When you close the chat window, you don’t leave the chat room.
- When you sign out of Brosix, you don’t leave the chat room. When you sign back in you will receive all messages the other users have sent while you were offline.
- Chat history is recorded and assigned to the chat room, and you are able to browse and search through it.
- The Chat room has a name.
- The chat room is listed in your contact list. You can easily find it and send a message to all group members.
Learn more about Chat Rooms