I’ve set up my Brosix Team Network, what are the different features and settings?
Now that you’ve completed your network registration and configuration it’s time to begin using your team network for your team communication needs. Brosix offers a wide variety of different features and settings that are designed to help your users make the most of the private team network. Below, you will find a comprehensive overview of these features and settings, with short descriptions and links to more detailed ‘how to’ tutorials:
Instant Messaging and Collaboration Features:
- Sending Files – Brosix allows you to send an unlimited amount of files in terms of quantity and size. Read more in the tutorial How to Send a File.
- Receiving and Scanning Files with Anti-virus Software – Brosix allows you to integrate your preferred anti-virus software into the Brosix app in order to scan all incoming file transfers for malware. Read more in the tutorial How to Receive and Scan Files.
- Screen Sharing and Remote Desktop – You can share your desktop screen with another user as well as grant a user direct access to your desktop. Read more in the tutorial How to Share Your Screen.
- Sending Screenshots – You can instantly send screenshots to other users on your network, either to individuals or groups. Read more in the tutorial How to Instantly Send a Screenshot.
- Virtual Whiteboard – The Virtual Whiteboard feature allows you to create a virtual collaborative space where you can share different visuals with an individual or group of users. Read more in the tutorial How to Create a Virtual Whiteboard.
- Audio and Video Chats – The Audio and Video Chat feature allows you to speak directly with users on your network. Read more in the tutorial How to Hold Audio and Visual Chats.
- Chat Rooms – Chat Rooms are a key feature of your Brosix private team network. This feature provides you with ongoing group collaborative space that you can use for team collaboration, working on a concrete project, discussing a particular topic, and many other uses. You can learn more about how to manage chat rooms in the tutorials How to Create a Chat Room, How to Change the Name of a Chat Room, How to Add Users to a Chat Room, and How to Remove Yourself from a Chat Room.
- Broadcast Message – You can send notifications to all users on your network simultaneously through the Broadcast Message feature. Read more in the tutorial How to Send/Broadcast a Message to Your Entire Team.
- Tabbed Chat – You can hold multiple text chats in the same chat window by using the Tabbed Chat feature. Read more in the tutorial How to set up the Tabbed Chat Feature.
- Auto Reply – You can create custom replies which will automatically be sent in response to messages you receive while away from your computer. Read more in the tutorial How to Set Up Auto Reply Messages.
- Changing Chat Status – You can change your chat status to reflect your current availability. Read more in the tutorial How to Change your Chat Status.
- Changing Chat Notification Sounds – You can customize the notification sound in the Brosix application. Read more in the tutorial How to Change the Notification Sound.
- Silencing the Nudge Feature – You can mute the nudge feature on the Brosix application. Read more in the tutorial How to Mute the Nudge Option
- Sticky Notifications – Brosix can notify you of missed events and messages with the Sticky Notifications feature. Read more in the tutorial How to activate Sticky notification.
- Spell Check – In Brosix you can use the Spellcheck feature to actively monitor for spelling mistakes in over 15 languages. Read more in the tutorial How to set up Spell Check feature.
Here are further video tutorials that demonstrate different aspects of Brosix for your convenience.
Your Brosix team network is full of features and options. If you need additional information, you are welcome to visit our help desk at any time.
Full list of Brosix IM Features